Inclusion at St. James Hatcham CE Primary
The ethos of our school is to provide every child with a happy, caring and supportive learning environment in which they can develop their full potential whatever their needs and irrespective of ability, race and gender. Children with special educational needs are offered full access to a broad, balanced, challenging and relevant education.
At St. James Hatcham CofE School the teaching and learning, achievements, attitudes and well-being of every child matter. We recognise that some children require additional support in their learning at given times in their lives. Children are considered to have special educational needs if they have a particular need requiring special educational provision that is additional or different.
Children have special educational needs or disabilities if they:
- have a particular learning, emotional, social or behavioural need, that differs from the majority of children of the same age, or
- have a physical disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in schools within the area of the local education authority.
Children with SEND are offered full access to a broad, balanced, challenging and relevant curriculum for the EYFS and National Curriculum.
The aim of our SEND Policy is to provide access to the EYFS and the National Curriculum and all other areas of school life for children at our school at levels appropriate to their needs.
- To provide a flexible structure of provision to meet children’s special needs.
- To provide a differentiated curriculum to meet the individual needs of all children.
- To maintain a system of record keeping that will facilitate identification and monitoring of inclusion, SEND and G&T, at all levels.
- To involve parents and carers as partners in the education of their children.
- To maintain links with all outside agencies and educational support services.
- To be proactive with links to secondary schools and special schools.
- To liaise with other professionals.
We recognise that SEND includes learning and mental health difficulties, emotional, social, sensory impairments, language disorders and physical disability. Children with educational special needs are identified through observation and ongoing assessment.
- Inclusion Team
- Local Offer
- SEND Information Report
- Lewisham Local Offer
- Intimate Care Policy
- Medical Care Policy
- Whole school Provision Map
- Interventions at St James Hatcham
- Lewisham Services for children and families